The Beginning Of A Journey

Well, Well, Well. You really did it this time Jordan. Now that the cat is out of the bag and your roommate found you unresponsive in a bath towel with 3 bottles of liquor (empty) and one in your hand; it's time for help.

My Name is Jordan Miller, and well. I'm an alcoholic. I have admitted this for the past two years to anyone who would listen. But unfortunately for me, I am the happy go lucky "joke" guy.

I have decided to recover. I am not the most religious person, although I am a confirmed catholic. 12 step program just wasn't for me. So. What am I to do, and what will these blog's be about.

I will be posting a new blog every day about my steps to recovery. I will mention the good, bad, horrific, and embarrassing moments of my recovery and some of the mistakes I made and what led me to this point.

For today, this is all you're going to get. I am a 26 year old Technology Sales rep that has been at the same company for 4+ years now. I picked a "start up" and commuted from school 2 1/2 each way while being a d1 athlete and working 2 jobs. Luckily (or not) I got the job and have been successful. I live in the city, and understand how fortunate I am.... But this "great job" was not enough to stray me away from my families history of alcoholism.

What I ask is this. Please enjoy the read. I will be posting new blog's every day between 8-10 pm at night. Feel free to comment with suggestions, or just to tell me that I'm a dramatic, pathetic, washed up person. Dealer's choice!

I know I can get sober, regain my life. This high functioning alcoholic hit rock bottom. It's time to get better.

-It's No Longer "Miller Time"

Jordan Miller

Comments

  1. I am the same! A high functioning alcoholic in the city (London uk) Gave up yesterday after having enough! Entering a sober world is going to be strange. I’m on this journey with you! Well done for making a change!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats on making a change! I was so fed up exactly. Enough was enough. We can do this!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Best of luck mate, I'm about to quit again after a relapse and know how difficult it is. I went over a year sober then had the occasional one or two - stupidly which led me back to the old ways and company. Keep well and don't forget to get medical help if you need it as it can be dangerous quitting.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think I need to get on board been a steady drinker for a lot of years it's about time I tried something different I managed to quit smoking 8 years ago so I expect this will be as difficult if not more harder but we shall see time will tell I guess

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi I to have bruises and never know when I've had enough I love my wife so much but alcohol is going to make me lose her i need help i am thinking of going to AA meeting near any advice please

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

My Alcoholism & the Impact on Dating

The City that Never (doesn't) Drink