Sometimes You Can Go Home- Family and Alcoholism

Was traveling a bit last night, so I was unable to get a chance to go in and post anything.

Another day down. No drinks. It was still hard, the remnants and disappointment from yesterday carried over. Work was just brutal. This place has been dangling a promotion in front of me for 2 years now. I feel like a dog sitting waiting for it's owner to give them a treat if they do a trick, but the owner will never give the dog the treat no matter what.

Decided it would be a good idea to go home and see my old man. It was good to talk to him. We just watched some tv, hung out, and tried to disconnect my mind from work.

Not everyone is as lucky as I am to have a support system, and a mother and father who are as caring as mine. I am forever grateful for them. They were there for me when I finally gave in and admitted to them I had a problem. For the longest time I was petrified of what they would say. Was I an embarrassment to them? Would they hate me?

They never did. They just showed me love, care, and concern.

I always knew they loved me, but it was amazing to open up to them and receive nothing but love and  them offering me help.

As I stated early on in this process, I do this to help myself open up, but to also show others it can be done. Strongly encourage anyone who is in this position to reach out to their loved one's.

You will be surprised. Another day/night down. Hopefully today get's easier.

It's No Longer Miller Time

-Jordan Miller

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Beginning Of A Journey

My Alcoholism & the Impact on Dating

Weekend Worry- Small Wins