Eye Opening Medical Results

Well, another 24 hours down. This one was NOT easy. Been offered a beer 3x this night. Proud to say as hard as it was I turned them all down. That feeling though. It truly is scary to look back to earlier, remember seeing the cold beer, being offered said beer, the pores of your skin open up and sweat glistens on your forehead. Your mouth starts salivating just from the idea of drinking that beer. Then that internal desire, the hardest part, your brain will do anything to get you to drink that beer. But alas, I did not.

Major win for me.

Now onto what this post is really about. An alarming medical diagnosis. When I decided to get clean and start thins journey I had blood drawn to test my liver and cholesterol. Turns out drinking in high amounts even if you eat right can have a drastic impact on your "bad cholesterol."



Those are my numbers. In the summer when I had NOT been drinking and was trying to stop for a little. Everything was way way below the high marks.

As if I didn't need anymore evidence as to why I needed to stop drinking....

That's all for today. Stay strong everyone.

-It's No Longer Miller Time

Jordan Miller

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Beginning Of A Journey

My Alcoholism & the Impact on Dating

Weekend Worry- Small Wins